Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Keeping Up With The Jones': Not So Hard Anymore

I've had to explain myself quite a few times already. I know it may not be the safest thing in the world to do, but here are a few reasons I'm doing what I'm doing.

I'm focusing on writing about what it's like to be homeless in 2010. A lot of things are changing in the world and homeless people aren't just the stereotypical drug addicts and alcoholics like we like to believe. They are blue collar families that have lost their jobs due to globalization, advancing technology, and the economy tanking.
So, I'm going to write this blog about how I see it and what people have to do to survive in this day and age of crisis.

I've started writing what may end up being a book about the topic of homeless families and how much is not being done for them. In the first paragraph I talk about the Terminator movies. The basic premise is that in the not so distant future a robotic army that is built by us to help us ends up turning on us and killing every human being they come across. Although I've seen video footage that makes this seem like it may actually happen very soon, I feel that the real threat from machines is that they will continue to take jobs away from hard working and already struggling Americans. The very machines that have been built and invented to cut production costs and save us time are, in reality, making us as a civilization lazy, stupid and jobless.

Through this "trip" and this blog and later the possibility of a book, I hope to raise awareness of the fact that it's going to be much easier to "keep up with the Jones', because soon they will be homeless....

Or will it be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment