Saturday, July 17, 2010

Beginnings

In a week I'm moving out of my apartment, and joining the ranks of the homeless.

I'm doing this as a way to get myself to that level of living so I can show the world through writing and photography what life is like for people who live homeless. After about a month of living in southern Minnesota, I will pack a few essentials in my car and head west. That seems to be the American way, get bored of the east and Midwest and explore the wild west. I'm just 200 years late. I'm not sure exactly where I will go, but I have been thinking about exploring the west coast. Much of the point of this is to live life without any plans and to go where the wind points me.

You may be thinking that I've lost my mind and you may be right. You may be thinking this is a horrible idea, but I have put over a years worth of thought into this and I know what I'm doing. I also don't expect anyone to understand the reason I do the things I do.

I hope you will check back often to read about my adventures.

And remember what Bilbo used to say," It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to."

1 comment:

  1. you're crazy. but then again, you are a donner.

    just don't die.

    ReplyDelete