Wednesday, November 3, 2010

An Open Letter to Olympia, WA

Today at about 1 in the afternoon I left Olympia, WA. I truly hope my life brings me back to visit that fine city again. There are few places that I've felt so welcome by complete strangers who are now friends. I was welcomed out of the rain into the Union Gospel Mission on a day that I was about to give up on the city and leave for Portland. The rain cleared quite literally, and I was able to see Olympia almost as if I had new eyes. Here's some pictures of the city and some of my new friends.

Working Hard?


The Mission staff and volunteers work together to keep the building clean

Just a few of the people who make it work

"Service" Dogs in McDonald's


This is for Jeremiah Donner. Olympia is painted


No comments:

Post a Comment