Tuesday, December 28, 2010

St. Boniface

Monday through Friday from 6AM until Noon, if you are in San Francisco with nowhere to go then I know a place for you. St. Boniface Church on Golden Gate Avenue between Leavenworth Street and Jones Street offers shelter to anyone in need of it with out fail. It's a haven for the homeless who are sent out on to the streets in the wee hours of the morning.

Whether you need some more sleep, to get out of the cold, or just want a place to rest for a few minutes, St. Boniface has got you covered. I've been told that it is the only church in the United States that opens it's doors in this way to give homeless people the shelter they need. Although I can't back up this claim by any means, I can definitely say that is is the only one I've come across during my travels. For a great many mornings it has been an excellent sanctuary for me. I've absolutely been blessed by the kindness and love shown by this church whether I've spent a few minutes resting my feet or a few hours sleeping in one of their pews.

I'm so inspired by the amount of support I'm shown by each of you everyday. It means a great deal to me, and sometimes your support is what keeps me going when life totally sucks and I'm lonely, cold, wet, tired, dirty, and really just wishing for a pizza and some fancy chocolate. Thank you so much for that. I truly cannot find the words to sufficiently express my gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment