Friday, August 13, 2010

An Open Letter to My Car and then some


Dear Verruca, The Scoot-About, Shuttle, SandBlast:

I just wanted to say thanks for all the great things you do for me. Remember when the semi wanted me dead? Thanks for being there to take the hit. Remember when I needed to buy a car, but had very little money? Thanks for being so cheap! Remember when I decided that I didn't need a home and I was going to hit the road and take pictures and write a lot? Thanks for saying, "Yes! Let's do it!" Remember last night when it was raining really hard, and there was all that lightening and thunder and it was scary for you? Thanks for being a champ and keeping me warm.

It will be so fun when we finally get to drive into the sunset and wonder what's next.

Love Sean...
... I do

P.S. Please don't break on me. That's really all I ask of you.

I made it through my first big storm without a home last night. It worked well. I was blissfully sent to dream land by the sound of the pitter patter of rain violently crashing on my car, and flashes of lightening follow shortly by claps of thunder that sounded like bombs exploding all around.

I think that might have had something to do with my dream last night in which I was a photojournalist poking about in Afghanistan. I ran across this guy who definitely didn't like Americans, and spoke English very well. Luckily I saw him first and was able to subdue him and convince him that we should make a gentleman's agreement not to kill each other. After I explained what that meant and made him realize that I could kill him right then and there he agreed and we went our separate ways. However, I didn't quite trust him, and therefore ran as fast as I could.

The moral of the story? Diplomacy might work, but we'll never know because we can't really trust each other.


Oh yeah, so sleeping in my car. It works out pretty well. I just lay down across the front or back seat depending on how I'm feeling at the time. Or if I'm just taking a little nap I'll just sit in the front seat and rest for a few minutes. I truly couldn't be happier with how it works out.

So on and on I go. The date of departure becoming steadily closer, and my excitement increasing always.

I love you all for reading and please keep doing it, and like always, tell your friends, I'm trying to make a name for myself here!

No comments:

Post a Comment