Sunday, August 8, 2010

Three Weeks Notice

This morning I put in my three weeks notice at work. There is literally no turning back now. Well, probably not.

I felt kind of dirty today, so I went swimming. I floated on my back to the middle of a lake and there I stayed. It was really nice. I got away from all the people there and it was just me, the water and the sky. There's nothing so calming as being able to lay back, take deep controlled breaths while feeling like you're weightless on the water. It's truly a magical experience.

I don't want you to think that I'm going to let that be my only means of bathing today. I still have a job and therefore need to worry more than that about hygiene. In a few hours I'll go get a shower with soap and stuff, but I do hope to make swimming a form of bath time once I hit the road. I feel very clean now anyway.

So now over the next few weeks, I have only to wait. It's going to be hard; I'm already getting antsy, and I feel like this time is going to drag by. I guess it's what I have to do whether I want to leave now or not. I don't get to and I'll have to suck it up.

So, the count down is officially on. I'm looking at hitting the pavement hard on or around September 8th. That's when this homeless life gets real.

Thanks for reading and like always, tell your friends.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, good for you! Way to take the dive. I'm sure you'll look back years from now and be glad you had to gonads to do it :)

    ReplyDelete